Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for the Research and Training in Preventive Dentistry
Director / Head:
Professor Tao Xu
Professor Shuguo Zheng
Research Institute of Stomatology
22, Zhongguancun Nandajie
(86-10) 8219 5551
(86-10) 6217 3402
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To develop the capacity for oral health systems reorientation through public health training of oral health professionals.
- To provide oral health surveillance based on national oral health surveys in a mega country.
- To explore best practices for dental caries prevention among children in kindergartens and oral health promotion in primary schools.
- To assess programs for oral health promotion of disadvantaged children.
- To assist Member States in establishment of oral health promotion and integrated disease prevention, and surveillance schemes, on request of the WHO Oral Health Programme.
- Oral health
- Health information; statistics; measurement & trend assessment
- Noncommunicable diseases other than those specifically mentioned
Types of activity:
- Collection and collation of information
- Organization of events (e.g. conferences; summits)
Ower: 3.3 - Improvements made in Member States’ capacity to collect, analyse, disseminate and use data on the magnitude, causes and consequences of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
Ower: 3.1 - Advocacy and support provided to increase political, financial and technical commitment in Member States in order to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and behavioural disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
Ower: 6.1 - Advice and support provided to Member States to build their capacity for health promotion across all relevant programmes, and to establish effective multisectoral and multidisciplinary collaborations for promoting health and preventing or reducing major risk factors.
+41 22 791 5079
+63 2 5289860
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork