Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Food Contamination Monitoring
Director / Head:
Professor & Dr Yongning Wu
China National Center for Food Safety Risk Assessment (CFSA)
7 Panjiayuan Nanli
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To participate in the WHO Global Environment Monitoring System/Food Contamination Monitoring & Assessment Programme (GEMS/Food) by providing monitoring data on levels of emerging chemical contaminants as well as persistent organic pollutants (POPs), pesticides, heavy metal, & mycotoxins in Chinese food & total diet. To provide national results from individual food consumption survey as well as expertise for the interpretation of these results.
- To cooperate with other collaborating centres participating in GEMS/Food by information exchange on activities of the institution related to the prevention, monitoring, control, exposure & health assessment of chemical contaminants in food.
- To provide, as resources permit, training, advisory services & other cooperation with the National GEMS/Food Centers (NGCs) for strengthening their food contamination monitoring & assessment capabilities.
- Where possible, to provide expertise & support in all aspects of successful total diet studies.
- To cooperate in the development of a regional system for the surveillance of chemical contamination of food to provide an early warning of serious natural, inadvertent or intentional contamination of the food supply and to provide assistance, as resources permit, in the event of such incidents of international public health significance.
- Food safety
- Chemical safety
- Environmental health and hazards other than those specifically mentioned
Types of activity:
- Collection and collation of information
- Information dissemination
- Outbreaks and emergencies
Ower: 9.5 - Systems for surveillance, prevention and control of zoonotic and non-zoonotic foodborne diseases strengthened; food-hazard monitoring and evaluation programmes established and integrated into existing national surveillance systems, and results disseminated to all key players.
HOEJSKOV Peter Sousa
+63 2 5289914
VERGER Philippe Jean-Paul
+41 22 791 3053
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork