Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Primary Health Care
Director / Head:
Dr Yichun Zheng
Jiading Primary Health Care Centre
No. 257, Jinsha Road Jiading District,
(86-21) 5952 9440
(86-21) 5952 9440
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To conduct studies for the further improvement of the operation of the health care delivery system based on primary health care at the county, township & village level, & to promote the close collaboration of institutions, agencies & civic groups concerned with health care.
- To study the way resource allocations underpin the referral network of health care institutions, & to investigate in which ways the county hospitals can better support the health-for-all process through primary health care.
- To collaborate in the utilization of research findings to inform decision-makers at all levels of the health care system.
- To support the national effort in human resources development for primary health care by conducting training courses for national staff in research development, & in the planning & management of the health care systems.
- To share the Chinese experience in primary health care with that of other countries through workshops, training courses & conferences.
- To contribute to WHO programme activities in the fields of primary health care & district health system.
- To study ways to improve health services delivery at the urban level.
- To study the rural health insurance system to guarantee the farmers having the essential health service
- Health systems research & development
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Provision of reference substances and other services
Ower: 10.1 - Management and organization of integrated, population-based health-service delivery through public and nonpublic providers and networks improved, reflecting the primary health care strategy, scaling up coverage, equity, quality and safety of personal and population-based health services, and enhancing health outcomes.
POSTMA Sjieuwke Eelco Jozef
BOERMA Jan Ties
+41 22 79 11481
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork