Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Drug Quality Assurance
Director / Head:
Dr Bo Bo
National Institute for Food and Drug Control
No. 2 Tiantan Xili
(86-10) 6709 5790
(86-10) 6701 4758
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To collaborate in the development of pharmacopoeia and screening tests for testing essential medicines in the WHO programme, including the use of methodology already elaborated in the National Food and Drug Control.
- To coordinate the establishment of reference substances for pharmaceuticals, either through involvement of the National Institute for the Control of Pharmaceutical & Biological Products in a regional network of laboratories establishing secondary reference materials or by the use of Chinese national reference materials as fully equivalent regional reference materials.
- To collaborate with WHO in research activities on standardization of medicines, quality control or development of methodology & techniques, and participate in cooperative work on the quality surveillance for spurious/falsely-labelled/falsified/counterfeit (SFFC) medical products (including biological, blood products and medicines, as defined by WHO Member States in this context).
- To accept trainees (especially those coming from developing countries) for training in various aspects of drug quality assurance.
- Pharmaceuticals (including essential drugs and medicines)
Types of activity:
- Provision of reference substances and other services
Ower: 11.1 - Formulation and monitoring of comprehensive national policies on access, quality and use of essential medical products and technologies advocated and supported.
Ower: 11.2 - International norms, standards and guidelines for the quality, safety, efficacy and cost effective use of medical products and technologies developed and their national and/or regional implementation advocated and supported.
Ower: 11.3 - Evidence based policy guidance on promoting scientifically sound and cost-effective use of medical products and technologies by health workers and consumers developed and supported within the Secretariat and regional and national programmes.
+63 2 5289026
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork