Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Drug Quality Assurance
Director / Head:
Dr Bo Li
National Institute for Food and Drug Control
No. 2 Tiantan Xili
(86-10) 6709 5790
(86-10) 6701 4758
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To collaborate in the development and revision of pharmacopoeia monographs on the active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) and finished pharmaceutical products (FPP), including the collaborative study of international chemical references substance (ICRS).
- To coordinate the establishment of references substance for pharmaceuticals.
- To collaborate with WHO in the assurance of medicines quality, development of analytical methods and post-marketing monitoring of medicines quality (including suspected SSFFC medical products).
- To carry out the training of the technical staff/personnel, especially from developing countries, on the technologies of medicine analysis.
- Pharmaceuticals (including essential drugs and medicines)
Types of activity:
- Provision of reference substances and other services
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
Ower: 11.1 - Formulation and monitoring of comprehensive national policies on access, quality and use of essential medical products and technologies advocated and supported.
Ower: 11.2 - International norms, standards and guidelines for the quality, safety, efficacy and cost effective use of medical products and technologies developed and their national and/or regional implementation advocated and supported.
Ower: 11.3 - Evidence based policy guidance on promoting scientifically sound and cost-effective use of medical products and technologies by health workers and consumers developed and supported within the Secretariat and regional and national programmes.
+41 22 791 3636
+63 2 5289026
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork