Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Primary Health Care
Director / Head:
Dr Yichuan Zheng
Jiading Primary Health Care Centre
No. 257, Jinsha Road, Jiading District,
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To contribute to the national health reform agenda by: i) conducting studies for the further improvement of the public health care delivery system based on PHC at municipal, country, township and village levels, with a particular emphasis on public health services, NCD service delivery and services for the elderly, and ii) to promoting the close collaboration of institutions, agencies and civic groups to operationalize service delivery that address people's health.
- To study appropriate methodologies for resource allocation and accounting at and between the different levels of the public health systems that improves better service delivery for the people.
- To support the national effort in the field of human resource development for PHC, and in particular rural health services by: i) undertaking review of current workload, HS practices and experiences, and ii) strengthen training programmes for health service delivery and management
- To share research finding and other information with all levels of the health care systems, including international partners such as WHO and collaborating research agencies in order to facilitate decision-making and improve service delivery systems.
- Health systems research & development
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Training and education
Ower: 10.1 - Management and organization of integrated, population-based health-service delivery through public and nonpublic providers and networks improved, reflecting the primary health care strategy, scaling up coverage, equity, quality and safety of personal and population-based health services, and enhancing health outcomes.
BOERMA Jan Ties
+41 22 79 11481
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork