Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Traditional Medicine
Director / Head:
Dr Edwin TSUI
Chinese Medicine Division
Department of Health, Hong Kong SAR
16/F, AIA Kowloon Tower, Landmark East, 100 How Ming Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon
Hong Kong SAR
(852) 3904 9100
(852) 2123 9566
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To support the development and implementation of WHO’s TM policies, strategies and regulatory frameworks
- This TOR would meet WHO’s objective to implement WHO traditional medicine strategy 2014-2023, based on countries’ progress and current new challenges in the field of TM, as well as to continue providing technical guidance to support countries in ensuring the safety, efficacy and quality of TM.
- To provide advisory and/or consultation services to WHO and its Member States
- The CC will carry out specific assignments on TM, requested by WHO (Headquarters or Regional Offices), with technical expertise on TM in general, and herbal medicines in particular.
- To provide expertise and technical services to the process of developing WHO's technical documents and guidelines in the field of TM
- The CC will contribute to the work of the WHO in developing technical documents including training modules, global guidelines by active participation, provision of financial support to organize the meetings required in the development process and disseminating the documents and guidelines.
- Traditional medicine
- Health systems research & development
- Health promotion & education
Types of activity:
- Organization of events (e.g. conferences; summits)
- Providing technical advise to WHO
- Information dissemination
Ower: 10.1 - Management and organization of integrated, population-based health-service delivery through public and nonpublic providers and networks improved, reflecting the primary health care strategy, scaling up coverage, equity, quality and safety of personal and population-based health services, and enhancing health outcomes.
Ower: 10.2 - National capacities for governance and leadership improved through evidence-based policy dialogue, institutional capacity-building for policy analysis and development, strategy-based health system performance assessment, greater transparency and accountability for performance, and more effective intersectoral collaboration.
+41 22 791 3698
PARK Yu Lee
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork