Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Health Information and Informatics
Director / Head:
Dr Qun Meng
Ms Xu Ling
Center for Health Statistics and Information (CHSI)
Ministry of Health of the People's Republic of China
1, Nanlu Xizhimenwai
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Collaborate with WHO to strengthen the capacity of national HIS development within China and among Member States through sharing implementation experiences and best practice.
- Provide training and knowledge sharing on information system development and informatics to Member States.
- Contribute to global health informatics partnerships, standards, and architecture.
- Enable data exchange and collaborative development and sharing of tools and services using enabling technologies in the region.
- Provide scientific and experience exchange and learning forums among Member States that foster informatics best practices, principles, and strategies.
- Health information; statistics; measurement & trend assessment
- Informatics and Telemedicine
Types of activity:
- Development and application of appropriate technology
- Collection; collation and dissemination of information
Ower: 10.4 - Country health-information systems that provide and use high-quality and timely information for health planning and for monitoring progress towards national and major international goals strengthened.
Ower: 10.7 - Knowledge management and eHealth policies and strategies developed and implemented in order to strengthen health systems.
+63 2 528 9835
You can also contact:
- BARBER Sarah Louise
KRISHNAMURTHY Ramesha Saligrama
+41 22 79 11405
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork