Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for nursing care for vulnerable groups, including those impacted by disasters
Director / Head:
Professor Jihui Jia
Dr Yuli Zang
School of Nursing
#44 Wenhua West Road
+86 531 88380705; 88382268
+86 531 88380705; 82962003
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To support the work of WHO by providing educational, research opportunities, programmes and consultation to health professionals to strengthen nursing care and health services for persons with disabilities or other vulnerabilities.
- In agreement with WHO, develop and strengthen emergency and disaster health services and nursing care through knowledge generation and dissemination and capacity-building.
- To assist WHO in advocating for and facilitating the delivery of high quality adolescent-friendly health services.
- Disabilities and rehabilitation (excluding accident prevention)
- Emergency & humanitarian action
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Development and application of appropriate technology
Ower: 10.8 - Health-workforce information and knowledge base strengthened, and country capacities for policy analysis, planning, implementation, information-sharing and research built up.
Ower: 5.2 - Norms and standards developed and capacity built to enable Member States to provide timely response to disasters associated with natural hazards and conflict-related crises.
Ower: 3.2 - Guidance and support provided to Member States for the development and implementation of policies, strategies and regulations in respect of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
GEDIK Fethiye Gulin
+ 63 2 5289816
NKOWANE Annette Mwansa
+41 22 79 14314
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork