Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating centre for healthy urbanization
Director / Head:
Mr Xiaoyu Wu
Office of the Shanghai Municipal Health Promotion Committee
220 Middle Sichuan Road
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To develop capacity and serve as a resource centre of expertise for healthy urbanization in the Western Pacific Region and to assist in introducing health promotion interventions with a focus on urban settings.
- To support the expansion of healthy cities in China and in the Region through the dissemination of best practices
- To support the implementation of WHO strategies/frameworks on Health Promotion in urban settings in the Western Pacific Region.
- Health promotion & education
Types of activity:
- Organization of events (e.g. conferences; summits)
- Information dissemination
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
Ower: 6.1 - Advice and support provided to Member States to build their capacity for health promotion across all relevant programmes, and to establish effective multisectoral and multidisciplinary collaborations for promoting health and preventing or reducing major risk factors.
Ower: 6.3 - Evidence-based and ethical policies, strategies, recommendations, standards and guidelines developed, and technical support provided to Member States with a high or increasing burden of disease and death associated with tobacco use, enabling them to strengthen institutions in order to tackle or prevent the public health problems concerned; support also provided to the Conference of the Parties to the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control for implementation of the provisions of the Convention and development and implementation of protocols and guidelines
+63 2 5289860
+41 22 79 13299
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork