Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Health Services and Nursing Development for Noncommunicable Disease Care
Director / Head:
Dr Lilian Ferrer
Dr Maria Isabel Catoni Salamanca
Escuela de Enfermería Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
Vicuna Mackenna 4860 - 6904411
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To collaborate with PAHO/WHO in ensuring a competent healthcare workforce able to provide self-management support to individuals living with chronic conditions and their family care givers.
- To collaborate with PAHO/WHO in the development of continuing education programs for nurses and other health care workers on prevention and care of chronic diseases.
- To collaborate with PAHO/WHO in initiatives for the professional development of nursing human resources.
- Noncommunicable diseases other than those specifically mentioned
- Health promotion & education
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Collection and collation of information
Ower: 10.8 - Health-workforce information and knowledge base strengthened, and country capacities for policy analysis, planning, implementation, information-sharing and research built up.
Ower: 10.9 - Technical support provided to Member States, with a focus on those facing severe health-workforce difficulties in order to improve the production, distribution, skill mix and retention of the health workforce.
NKOWANE Annette Mwansa
+41 22 79 14314
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork