Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Health Services and Nursing Development for Noncommunicable Disease Care
Director / Head:
Dr Lilian Ferrer
Maria Isabel Catoni Salamanca
Escuela de Enfermería Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
Vicuna Mackenna 4860 - 6904411
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To collaborate with PAHO/WHO in ensuring that schools of nursing prepare a competent nursing workforce able to provide effective care to persons living with chronic conditions.
- To collaborate with PAHO/ WHO in the generation and dissemination of evidence based research related to chronic disease prevention and management.
- To collaborate with PAHO/WHO to develop the skills of community health care workforce and family caregivers to support persons living with chronic conditions.
- Noncommunicable diseases other than those specifically mentioned
- Health promotion & education
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Collection and collation of information
Ower: 10.8 - Health-workforce information and knowledge base strengthened, and country capacities for policy analysis, planning, implementation, information-sharing and research built up.
Ower: 10.9 - Technical support provided to Member States, with a focus on those facing severe health-workforce difficulties in order to improve the production, distribution, skill mix and retention of the health workforce.
NKOWANE Annette Mwansa
+41 22 791 4314
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork