Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Development of Midwifery
Director / Head:
Matrona Lorena Binfa
School of Midwifery
University of Chile
Avenida Independencia 1027: Comuna Independencia
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To work with WHO -PAHO in the development of education and training in midwifery
- To contribute to WHOS´s work in the development of midwifery research in the Region
- To provide technical support to spread WHO/PAHO's guidelines, informations systems, statements and tools at the regional level.
- To develop communities of practice according to WHO-PAHO linements.
- Child & maternal health
- Reproductive health (excluding HIV/AIDS)
Types of activity:
- Training and education
Ower: 10.8 - Health-workforce information and knowledge base strengthened, and country capacities for policy analysis, planning, implementation, information-sharing and research built up.
Ower: 10.9 - Technical support provided to Member States, with a focus on those facing severe health-workforce difficulties in order to improve the production, distribution, skill mix and retention of the health workforce.
Ower: 4.3 - Guidelines, approaches and tools for improving maternal care applied at the country level, including technical support provided to Member States for intensified action to ensure skilled care for every pregnant woman and every newborn, through childbirth and the postpartum and postnatal periods, particularly for poor and disadvantaged populations, with progress monitored.
DE MUCIO Bremen
598 2 4872929 ext. 36
PORTELA Anayda Gerarda
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork