Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Bioethics
Director / Head:
Professor Fernando Lolas Stepke
Interdisciplinary Centre for Studies on Bioethics
University of Chile
Diagonal Paraguay 265, of 806
56 2 978 22 54
56 2 978 22 54
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- Contribute to ethical sustainability of WHO activities with emphasis on training of human resources in research and clinical activities, with special focus on the Region of the Americas and the Caribbean.
- Dissemination and support initiatives stemming fiom EHTII-IQ and from ethics focal points in WHO Regional offices.
- Monitor and disseminate relevant ethical regulations regarding health care and research.
- Establish, develop and implement training courses aimed at staff of health care institutions, research centers, and ministries of health.
- Collaborate with WHO in the elaboration and improvement of ethical guidelines for healthcare and health research worldwide.
- Contribute to ongoing training of WNO staff worldwide in bioethical matters.
- Contribute to public-private partnerships under guidance of WHO directives.
- Human resources for health (excluding Nursing)
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Collection and collation of information
- Providing technical advise to WHO
Ower: 7.4 - Ethics- and human rights-based approaches to health promoted within WHO and at national and global levels.
REIS Andreas Alois
+41 22 79 13932
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork