Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Nutrition and Health
Director / Head:
Prof. Verónica Cornejo
Sra. María Teresa Oyarzun
Instituto de Nutrición y Tecnología de los Alimentos (INTA)
Universidad de Chile
Avenida El Libano 5524 Macul
(56 2) 978 1411 / 978 1535
(56 2) 221 4030
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To continue promoting healthy eating habits & physical activity related to obesity & chronic diseases in the framework of health promotion.
- To continue activities of 5 a Day Program in Chile and promote successful experiences in the LA Region.
- To support monitoring and update of fortification programs & policies dealing with micronutrients relevant to vulnerable population groups.
- To work in the development and diffusion of locally-adapted protocols for Latin America of metabolic diseases related to mental disorders.
- Noncommunicable diseases other than those specifically mentioned
Types of activity:
- Collection and collation of information
- Coordination of activities carried out by several institutions (e.g. other WHO collaborating centres)
Ower: 6.1 - Advice and support provided to Member States to build their capacity for health promotion across all relevant programmes, and to establish effective multisectoral and multidisciplinary collaborations for promoting health and preventing or reducing major risk factors.
Ower: 6.5 - Evidence-based and ethical policies, strategies, recommendations, standards and guidelines developed and technical support provided to Member States with a high or increasing burden of disease or death associated with unhealthy diets and physical inactivity, enabling them to strengthen institutions in order to combat or prevent the public health problems concerned.
Ower: 3.4 - Improved evidence compiled by WHO on the cost-effectiveness of interventions to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological and substance-use disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
JACOBY Enrique R.
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork