Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Disaster Mitigation in Health Facilities
Director / Head:
Dr. Ruben Luis BOROSCHEK
Facultad de Ciencias Fisicas y Matématicas
Universidad de Chile
Blanco Encalada 2120 Piso 4, 6511224
(56-2) 678 4372
(56-2) 689 2833
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. To establish a register of experts experienced in disaster mitigation in health facilities.
- 2. To maintain a worldwide web page of information related to risk reduction & the register of experts.
- 3. To identify criteria for assessing the vulnerability of health facilities.
- 4. To develop methodologies & procedures for evaluation of the vulnerability of health facilties.
- 5. To prepare guidelines, manuals & other technical documentation, relevant to disaster mitigation in health facilities.
- 6. To disseminate scientific & technical information on disaster mitigation in health facilities at national & international facilities.
- 7. To prepare training materials & organize training courses on disaster mitigation in health facilities.
- 8. To provide technical consulting at national & international levels during emergencies.
- Emergency & humanitarian action
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Training and education
WHO organization wide expected result:
UGARTE CASAFRANCA Ciro
CONINX Rudi J. J. M.
+41 22 79 14582
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork