Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Mental Health Training and Policy
Director / Head:
Dr. Stan Kutcher
International Section Department of Psychiatry
5909 Veterans Memorial Lane, 8th Floor AJLB
(1-902) 470 6598
(1-902) 492 0383
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Assist PAHO/WHO in providing technical cooperation to Latin American and Caribbean countries in the field of Child and Youth Mental Health, especially in Primary Care and school settings.
- Continue to participate in a Network of the Canadian WHO/PAHO Collaborating Centers in Mental Health.
- Mental health & neurosciences
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Implementation of WHO programmes and activities at country level
- Outbreaks and emergencies
Ower: 3.2 - Guidance and support provided to Member States for the development and implementation of policies, strategies and regulations in respect of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
Ower: 3.5 - Guidance and support provided to Member States for the preparation and implementation of multisectoral, population-wide programmes to promote mental health and to prevent mental and behavioural disorders, violence and injuries, together with hearing and visual impairment, including blindness
Ower: 3.1 - Advocacy and support provided to increase political, financial and technical commitment in Member States in order to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and behavioural disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
KESTEL Devora Lillia
FUNK Michelle Karen
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork