Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre on Environmental and Occupational Health Impact Assessment and Surveillance
Director / Head:
Dr. Pierre Gosselin
Health and Environmental Group
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Québec (CHUQ)
945, rue Wolfe
418 650 5115 ext. 5205
418 473 1086
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Support WHO in implementing Environmental Health Impact Assessment initiatives.
- Surpport WHO in surveillance in environmental and occupational health with focus in the development of indicators.
- Toxicological and public health expertise for WHO offices on regional plans for priority chemicals and support in laboratory quality control and continuing education for good laboratory practice.
- Environmental health promotion and capacity development in support of WHO work with Ministries of Health.
- Collaboration on geographical information systems (GIS) and Information technologies (IT) as applied to environmental health.
- Occupational health
- Health information; statistics; measurement & trend assessment
- Chemical safety
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Development and application of appropriate technology
- Implementation of WHO programmes and activities at country level
Ower: 8.4 - Guidance, tools and initiatives created in order to support the health sector in influencing policies in other sectors to allow policies that improve health, the environment and safety to be identified and adopted.
SOARES DA SILVA Agnes
DORA Carlos Francisco C.
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork