Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for the Development of Healthy Cities and Towns
Director / Head:
Ms Paule Simard
Scientific Direction of Individual and Community Development
Institut national de santé publique du Québec
945, avenue Wolfe, 5e étage
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Support the WHO and PAHO in the development of the Healthy Cities and towns (HCT) Movement by contributing to information and communication, training and research.
- Participate in PAHO activities related to Collaborative Centres and to community development
- Expand the field and range of interventions of the Quebec Collaborating Center on the International Level especially within the Francophone countries.
- Healthy Cities
- Health promotion & education
Types of activity:
- Development and application of appropriate technology
- Coordination of activities carried out by several institutions (e.g. other WHO collaborating centres)
Ower: 6.1 - Advice and support provided to Member States to build their capacity for health promotion across all relevant programmes, and to establish effective multisectoral and multidisciplinary collaborations for promoting health and preventing or reducing major risk factors.
+41 22 791 3299
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork