Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Health Promotion
Director / Head:
Dr. Suzanne Jackson
Centre for Health Promotion
University of Toronto
155 College Street, Room 516
(1-416) 978 1100
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To strengthen PAHO and PAHO country capacity for the effective delivery of health promotion and health education.
- To stimulate and support evaluation in health promotion towards building a PAHO database of best practices in health promotion, especially in Latin America.
- Upon request of and/or in agreement with WHO and/or PAHO, to collect and disseminate scientific and technical information in health promotion and global development for WHOand PAHO.
- Health promotion & education
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Collection; collation and dissemination of information
WHO organization wide expected result:
6.1 - Advice and support provided to Member States to build their capacity for health promotion across all relevant programmes, and to establish effective multisectoral and multidisciplinary collaborations for promoting health and preventing or reducing major risk factors.
+41 22 79 13299
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork