Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating for Safety Promotion and Injury Prevention
Director / Head:
Dr Pierre MAURICE
Sécurité dans les Milieux de Vie
Centre de Santé publique
2400, avenue d'Estimauville, (Québec)
(1-418) 666 7000 ext. 345
(1-418) 666 2776
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Collaborate on WHO's program of activities in the realm of safety promotion and injury prevention.
- Contribute to the maintenance and development of the Réseau francophone international de prévention des traumatismes et de promotion de la sécurité (International French-speaking Safety Promotion and Injury Prevention Network).
- Contribute to capacity building in respect of safety promotion in French-speaking countries and Latin America.
- Offer technical support in the realm of safety promotion and injury prevention in French-speaking Africa and Latin America.
- Comment on, validate and adapt, if need be, the french-language translations of WHO / PAHO reports and publications.
- Injuries; violence & accident prevention
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Training and education
Ower: 3.2 - Guidance and support provided to Member States for the development and implementation of policies, strategies and regulations in respect of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
Ower: 3.3 - Improvements made in Member States’ capacity to collect, analyse, disseminate and use data on the magnitude, causes and consequences of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
Ower: 3.4 - Improved evidence compiled by WHO on the cost-effectiveness of interventions to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological and substance-use disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
KRUG Etienne G.G.
+41 22 791 3535
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork