Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating for Safety Promotion and Injury Prevention
Director / Head:
Dr Pierre MAURICE
Sécurité dans les Milieux de Vie
Centre de Santé publique
2400, avenue d'Estimauville, (Québec)
(1-418) 666 7000 ext. 345
(1-418) 666 2776
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Collaborate on WHO's program of activities in the realm of safety promotion and injury prevention.
- Contribute to maintaining and expanding the International French-speaking Safety Promotion and Injury Prevention Network.
- Support capacity development in French-speaking and Latin American countries.
- Ensure a technical support in French-speaking African countries in the realm of safety promotion and injury prevention.
- Participate in the activities of the International Organizing Committee (IOC) of the World Conferences on Injury Prevention and Safety promotion.
- Comment, validate and adapt if necessary WHO/PAHO French translations of reports and publications.
- Injuries; violence & accident prevention
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Training and education
WHO organization wide expected result:
3.2 - Guidance and support provided to Member States for the development and implementation of policies, strategies and regulations in respect of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
3.3 - Improvements made in Member States’ capacity to collect, analyse, disseminate and use data on the magnitude, causes and consequences of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
3.4 - Improved evidence compiled by WHO on the cost-effectiveness of interventions to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological and substance-use disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
MORALES Sofia Leticia
KRUG Etienne G.G.
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork