Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre on Non Communicable Disease Policy
Director / Head:
Dr. Rachel Rodin
Centre for Chronic Disease Prevention and Control (CCDPC)
Public Health Agency of Canada
785 Carling Avenue
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. Support PAHO/WHO training & capacity building efforts on preventive policies for NCDs, including strengthening capacity to make the case using economic arguments.
- 2. Provide advice on the analysis, development and implementation of policies for NCD prevention and control, including participating, as required, in processes of policy development, implementation & coalition building with PAHO/WHO, for integrated NCD prevention & control.
- 3. Consultation with PAHO/WHO on approaches, program components and methods, to develop and implement preventive policy, including multilevel and multi-sector approaches.
- 4. Promote systematic monitoring and dissemination of policy relevant information, case studies, and policy analysis methodology, with PAHO/WHO, among countries and collaborating institutions involved.
- Noncommunicable diseases other than those specifically mentioned
- Cardiovascular diseases
Types of activity:
- Providing technical advise to WHO
- Information dissemination
- Organization of events (e.g. conferences; summits)
2.1.1 - Development and/or implementation of national multisectoral policies and plans to prevent and control noncommunicable diseases accelerated
Ower: 3.1 - Advocacy and support provided to increase political, financial and technical commitment in Member States in order to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and behavioural disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
+41 22 791 2617
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork