Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre on Non Communicable Disease Policy
Director / Head:
Dr. Sylvie Desjardins
Centre for Chronic Disease Prevention and Control (CCDPC)
Public Health Agency of Canada
785 Carling Avenue
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Participate in, plan and coordinate, as required, processes of policy development and implementation and coalition building, for integrated NCD prevention and control.
- Promote systematic monitoring and dissemination of policy relevant information, case studies, and policy analysis methodology, among countries and collaborating institutions involved.
- Provide training and capacity building on preventive policies to member countries, including strengthening the capacity to make the case using economic arguments.
- Provide advice and help member countries in the analysis, development and implementation of policies for NCD prevention and control.
- Consultation on approaches, program components and methods, to develop and implement preventive policy, including multilevel and multi-sector approaches.
- Assist in the preparation of policy reports and briefs.
- Noncommunicable diseases other than those specifically mentioned
- Cardiovascular diseases
Types of activity:
- Organization of events (e.g. conferences; summits)
WHO organization wide expected result:
3.2 - Guidance and support provided to Member States for the development and implementation of policies, strategies and regulations in respect of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
3.1 - Advocacy and support provided to increase political, financial and technical commitment in Member States in order to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and behavioural disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
HOSPEDALES Carl James
MENDIS Shanthi P.B.
+41 22 79 13441
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork