Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Occupational Health and Safety
Director / Head:
Dr Horvath Steve
Ms Erin Cunningham
Canadian Centre for Occupational Health & Safety (CCOHS)
135 Hunter Street East
(1-905) 572 2981 ext. 4432
(1-905) 572 4419
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To promote the implementation of PAHO/WHO Programs on occupational health, to host WHO meetings, training courses and to participate in these activities.
- To collaborate with PAHO/WHO in evaluation and validation programs in occupational health.
- To collect and disseminate information on occupational health using new information technology; and to provide PAHO/WHO with technical information and expertise when requested.
- Contribute to the WHO action plan to address violence in the workplace.
- Occupational health
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Training and education
WHO organization wide expected result:
8.2 - Technical support and guidance provided to Member States for the implementation of primary prevention interventions that reduce environmental hazards to health, enhance safety and promote public health, including in specific settings (e.g. workplaces, homes or urban settings) and among vulnerable population groups (e.g. children).
8.3 - Technical assistance and support provided to Member States for strengthening national occupational and environmental health risk management systems, functions and services.
7.2 - Initiative taken by WHO in providing opportunities and means for intersectoral collaboration at national and international levels to address social and economic determinants of health, including understanding and acting upon the public health implications of trade and trade agreements, and to encourage poverty-reduction and sustainable development.
KORTUM Evelyn G.
+41 22 79 13531
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork