Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre in Primary Care Nursing and Health Human Resources
Director / Head:
Dr. Andrea Baumann
Dr. Ruta Valaitis
School of Nursing, Faculty of Health Sciences
1280 Main Street West
(1-905) 525 9140 ext.22581
(1-905) 522 5493
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Collaborate with PAHO/WHO to provide support and direction regarding Advanced Practice Nursing (APN) in the Americas as a strategy for advancing PAHO/WHO’s overarching goal of universal access to health and universal health coverage.
- Collaborate with PAHO/WHO to provide guidance regarding Health Human Resources Planning, Assessment and Data collection that can inform education, research and practice in Barbados and other Caribbean countries.
- Collaborate with PAHO/WHO in developing and disseminating knowledge related to health human resource workforce planning in the Americas.
- Human resources for health (excluding Nursing)
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Training and education
Ower: 10.8 - Health-workforce information and knowledge base strengthened, and country capacities for policy analysis, planning, implementation, information-sharing and research built up.
Ower: 10.9 - Technical support provided to Member States, with a focus on those facing severe health-workforce difficulties in order to improve the production, distribution, skill mix and retention of the health workforce.
NKOWANE Annette Mwansa
+41 22 79 14314
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork