Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre in Primary Care Nursing and Health Human Resources
Director / Head:
Dr. Andrea Baumann
School of Nursing, Faculty of Health Sciences
1280 Main Street West
(1-905) 525 9140 ext.22581
(1-905) 522 5493
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Collaborate with WHO/PAHO to analyze nursing workforce to inform health human resources and healthy services policies.
- Collaborate with WHO/PAHO to in strenthening nursing education to contribute to the development of PHC integrated services.
- Collaborate with WHO in developing and disseminating knowledge related to nursing human resources and inter professional collaboration to address workforce needs.
- Human resources for health (excluding Nursing)
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Training and education
WHO organization wide expected result:
10.8 - Health-workforce information and knowledge base strengthened, and country capacities for policy analysis, planning, implementation, information-sharing and research built up.
10.9 - Technical support provided to Member States, with a focus on those facing severe health-workforce difficulties in order to improve the production, distribution, skill mix and retention of the health workforce.
NKOWANE Annette Mwansa
+41 22 79 14314
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork