Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Control and Epidemiology of Rabies in Carnivores
Director / Head:
Dr. Fehlner-Gardiner Christine
Centre of Expertise (COFE) for Rabies, Ottawa Laboratory Fallowfield (OLF)
Canadian Food Inspection Agency
3851 Fallowfield Road P.O. Box 11300, Station H
(1-613) 228 6698
(1-613) 228 6669
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. To collaborate with WHO's Department of Communicable Diseases Control, Prevention & Eradication in the fields of animal rabies control (with special reference to wildlife species & dogs) & research on rabies epidemiology.
- 2. To carry out research on rabies epidemiology of different field strains in major host species & field strain identification.
- To collaborate with WHO using OLF staff & facilities in individual training programmes for WHO fellows.
- To participate in WHO meetings & assists, as applicable, in the preparation & coordination of WHO workshops & consultations on various aspects of rabies surveillance & control.
Types of activity:
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Provision of reference substances and other services
Ower: 1.3 - Effective coordination and support provided to Member States in order to provide access for all populations to interventions for the prevention, control, elimination and eradication of neglected tropical diseases, including zoonotic diseases.
+41 22 79 12072
DEL RIO Victor Javier
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork