Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Control and Epidemiology of Rabies in Carnivores
Director / Head:
Dr. Christine Fehlner-Gardiner
Centre of Expertise (COFE) for Rabies, Ottawa Laboratory Fallowfield (OLF)
Canadian Food Inspection Agency
3851 Fallowfield Road P.O. Box 11300, Station H
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- On the request of the WHO, to contribute to technical consultations, guidelines, and other forms of scientific expertise in relation to rabies diagnosis, control and epidemiology.
- On the request of the WHO, to provide specialized training on rabies diagnostic and research techniques, biosafety and quality assurance.
- To work with the WHO in the provision of diagnostic reagents and virus isolates to requesting Member States.
- To support rabies surveillance and control through research to characterize rabies viruses and to optimize tools for rabies diagnosis.
Types of activity:
- Providing technical advise to WHO
- Provision of reference substances and other services
1.4.3 - New knowledge, solutions and implementation strategies that respond to the health needs of disease-endemic countries developed through strengthened research and training
1.4.2 - Implementation and monitoring of neglected tropical disease control interventions facilitated by evidence-based technical guidelines and technical support
+41 22 791 2072
NATAL VIGILATO Marco Antonio
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork