Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research and Training in Mental Health
Director / Head:
Dr. Marc Laporta
Douglas Mental Health University Institute
6875 LaSalle Blvd.
(1-514) 762 3006
(1-514) 762 3040
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Assisting the PAHO/WHO in the development of mental health policy and action plans.
- Assisting the PAHO/WHO in integrating mental health issues into the workforce.
- Assisting the PAHO/WHO in training health personnel in mental health issues.
- Assisting the PAHO/WHO in integrating mental health into primary care.
- Assisting the PAHO/WHO in promoting the mental health components of emergencies and disasters.
- Assisting the PAHO/WHO in setting up, strengthening and disseminating research regarding mental health issues.
- Mental health & neurosciences
Types of activity:
- Collection; collation and dissemination of information
- Organization of events (e.g. conferences; summits)
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
Ower: 3.2 - Guidance and support provided to Member States for the development and implementation of policies, strategies and regulations in respect of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
FUNK Michelle Karen
RODRIGUEZ Jorge Jacinto
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork