Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
Director / Head:
Dr. Jurgen Rehm
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH)
33 Russell Street
1-519-858-5010, ext. 22000
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Collaborate with WHO on the maintenance and further development of the Global Alcohol database (GADB) and its related website, the Global Information System on Alcohol and Health (GISAH) and its data collection and reporting mechanisms.
- Collaborate with WHO and PAHO on epidemiology of substance use and substance use disorders, including estimates of alcohol-attributable disease burden .
- Collaborate with WHO and PAHO on implementation of the global and regional strategies on alcohol and substance abuse.
- Collaborate with WHO and PAHO on strengthening policy and health system responses for mental and substance use disorders.
- In collaboration with WHO and PAHO provide technical support to countries in the area of mental health and substance abuse, and through the implementation of the mhGAP program.
- Collaborate with WHO and PAHO on research on Aboriginal/Indigenous alcohol use and health issues worldwide and in the region of the America.
- Substance abuse (including alcohol & drugs)
- Mental health & neurosciences
Types of activity:
- Collection and collation of information
- Training and education
Ower: 6.4 - Evidence-based and ethical policies, strategies, recommendations, standards and guidelines developed, and technical support provided to Member States with a high or increasing burden of disease or death associated with alcohol, drugs and other psychoactive substance use, enabling them to strengthen institutions in order to combat or prevent the public health problems concerned.
Ower: 3.3 - Improvements made in Member States’ capacity to collect, analyse, disseminate and use data on the magnitude, causes and consequences of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
POZNYAK Vladimir B.
+41 22 79 14307
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork