Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
Director / Head:
Dr. Jurgen Rehm
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH)
33 Russell Street
1-416 535 8501, ext. 36173
1 416 595-6899
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Collaborate with WHO on the maintenance and further development of the Global Information System on Alcohol and Health (GISAH) and related data collection, reporting and dissemination mechanisms.
- Collaborate with WHO and PAHO on epidemiology of substance use and substance use disorders, including estimates of alcohol- and drug-attributable disease burden.
- Collaborate with WHO and PAHO on implementation of the global and regional strategies on alcohol and substance abuse.
- In collaboration with WHO and PAHO provide technical support to countries in the area of mental health and substance abuse.
- Collaborate with WHO and PAHO on international research projects on substance use and health issues worldwide and in the region of the America.
- Substance abuse (including alcohol & drugs)
- Mental health & neurosciences
Types of activity:
- Collection and collation of information
- Training and education
Ower: 6.4 - Evidence-based and ethical policies, strategies, recommendations, standards and guidelines developed, and technical support provided to Member States with a high or increasing burden of disease or death associated with alcohol, drugs and other psychoactive substance use, enabling them to strengthen institutions in order to combat or prevent the public health problems concerned.
Ower: 3.3 - Improvements made in Member States’ capacity to collect, analyse, disseminate and use data on the magnitude, causes and consequences of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
POZNYAK Vladimir B.
+41 22 791 4307
GOLDNADEL MONTEIRO Maristela
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork