Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research & Training in Mental Health
Director / Head:
Dr Hristo Hinkov
National Centre of Public Health Protection (NCPHP)
15 Acad. Ivan E. Geshov Str.
(359-2) 954 9717
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. Support the Mental Health programme of WHO EURO in delivering on its Information agenda
- 2. Contribute to capacity building of mental health and social care workforce
- 3. Support and facilitate initiatives at national and international level aimed at implementing community-based mental health care
- Mental health & neurosciences
- Health systems research & development
- Health information; statistics; measurement & trend assessment
Types of activity:
- Collection; collation and dissemination of information
- Training and education
Ower: 3.2 - Guidance and support provided to Member States for the development and implementation of policies, strategies and regulations in respect of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
Ower: 3.6 - Guidance and support provided to Member States to improve the ability of their health and social systems to prevent and manage chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and behavioural disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
+45 45 33 68 46
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork