Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Health and Safety at Work
Director / Head:
Dr. Renato Caporali Cordero
Dr Sylvia Regina Trindade Yano
Occupational Health and Safety Management, National Department
Social Service of Industry (SESI)
SBN Quadra 1 Bloco C 8º andar,
+55 61 3317 9306
(55 61) 3317 9756
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To contribute to WHO in disseminating information on OHS and wellbeing to workers and employers.
- To support WHO collaborative activities to adapt the global guidance on healthy workplaces.
- Occupational health
- Noncommunicable diseases other than those specifically mentioned
- Human resources for health (excluding Nursing)
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Implementation of WHO programmes and activities at country level
- Organization of events (e.g. conferences; summits)
WHO organization wide expected result:
8.2 - Technical support and guidance provided to Member States for the implementation of primary prevention interventions that reduce environmental hazards to health, enhance safety and promote public health, including in specific settings (e.g. workplaces, homes or urban settings) and among vulnerable population groups (e.g. children).
8.3 - Technical assistance and support provided to Member States for strengthening national occupational and environmental health risk management systems, functions and services.
KORTUM Evelyn G.
+41 22 79 13531
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork