Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Education of Health Technicians
Director / Head:
MsC. Mauro de Lima Gomes
Dr. Grácia Maria de Miranda Gondim
Escola Politécnica de Saúde Joaquim Venancio (EPSJV)
Fundação Oswaldo Cruz (FIOCRUZ)
Av. Brasil 4365, Manguinhos
Rio de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro
(55-21) 3865 9700
(55-21) 3865 9701
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Collaborate with PAHO/WHO in the strengthening of the health technical education schools, with emphasis on Primary Health Care..
- Collaborate with PAHO/WHO in the review of the health technical workforce, including the composition, distribution, education and regulation.
- Collaborate with PAHO/WHO in the development and enrichment of information and communication technology in service education programs for health technicians, with emphasis on community health agents.
- Collaborate with PAHO/WHO in the publication and dissemination of technical and scientific information, with emphasis on education, health and work through the coordination and integration of networks of health technicians’ education schools and other institutions operating in health technical education.
- Human resources for health (excluding Nursing)
- Health Technology (including laboratory services; but excluding blood safety)
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Training and education
WHO organization wide expected result:
10.8 - Health-workforce information and knowledge base strengthened, and country capacities for policy analysis, planning, implementation, information-sharing and research built up.
10.9 - Technical support provided to Member States, with a focus on those facing severe health-workforce difficulties in order to improve the production, distribution, skill mix and retention of the health workforce.
NKOWANE Annette Mwansa
+41 22 79 14314
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork