Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Center for Quality Control of Serology in Blood Banks
Director / Head:
Dr Marcia Mitiko OTANI
Marcia Mitiko OTANI
Superintendência de Serologia e Controle de Qualidade
Fundação Pro-Sangue-Hemocentro de São Paulo (FPS/HSP)
Av. Dr. Enéas Carvalho de Aguiar, 155 - 1° andar, Cerqueira Cesar,
(55-11) 3061 5544 ext. 353
(55-11) 3088 8317
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To organize courses & workshops at FPSHSP: Preparation of serum panels & Evaluation of serological assays.
- Coordination of proficiency tests in Central & South America and Caribbe region.
- Collection & dissemination of information on the prevalence of communicable diseases in blood banks in Brazil & other countries of the Region.
- Development & evaluation of new techniques for the diagnosis of diseases transmitted by blood.
- Epidemiological evaluation of diseases transmitted through blood & which are not usually used in the serological composition of donors (p/ej. Parvovirus b19, malaria, CMV, etc.)
- To organize courses & workshops at FPSHSP in Blood Screening technologies and theorical knowledge on the infectious diseases
- Collaboration on developing the WHO/OPS International Biological Reference Preparations.
- Blood Transfusion Safety and Blood Products
Types of activity:
- Collection; collation and dissemination of information
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
Ower: 11.2 - International norms, standards and guidelines for the quality, safety, efficacy and cost effective use of medical products and technologies developed and their national and/or regional implementation advocated and supported.
PEREZ-ROSALES Maria Dolores
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork