Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Worker's Health
Director / Head:
Dr Eduardo ALGRANTI
Fundação Jorge Duprat Figueiredo de Seguranca e Medicina do Trabalho FUNDACENTRO, Ministry of Labour & Social Welfare
Rua Capote Valente 710
(55-11) 3066 6113 / 3066 6190
(55-11) 3066 6344
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To contribute to WHO/PAHO’s work in the prevention of Non Communicable Diseases (NCD) with particular emphasis in occupational cancer and silicosis.
- To Support WHO/PAHO in strengthening Health systems, governance, capacities and service delivery for workers’ health.
- To contribute to WHO/PAHO’s work for building the evidence and successful experiences within knowledge networks on Occupational Health and Safety for vulnerable groups and high risk sectors.
- Occupational health
- Chemical safety
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Implementation of WHO programmes and activities at country level
WHO organization wide expected result:
8.2 - Technical support and guidance provided to Member States for the implementation of primary prevention interventions that reduce environmental hazards to health, enhance safety and promote public health, including in specific settings (e.g. workplaces, homes or urban settings) and among vulnerable population groups (e.g. children).
8.3 - Technical assistance and support provided to Member States for strengthening national occupational and environmental health risk management systems, functions and services.
7.2 - Initiative taken by WHO in providing opportunities and means for intersectoral collaboration at national and international levels to address social and economic determinants of health, including understanding and acting upon the public health implications of trade and trade agreements, and to encourage poverty-reduction and sustainable development.
You can also contact:
- CHILDS Chris
- SOARES DA SILVA Agnes
IVANOV Ivan Dimov
+41 22 79 15532
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork