Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research and Training in Mental Health
Director / Head:
Professor Maria Lucia O. Souza-Formigoni
Dr Maria Lucia Formigoni
Departamento de Psicobiologia, Escola Paulista de Medicina
Universidade Federal Paulista
Rua Botucatu, 862 1°. andar (ECB) - 04023-062
(55-11) 2149 0155
(55-11) 5572 5092
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- Generate, compile, analyze and disseminate the knowledge on psychoactive substances, including mechanisms of action, acute & chronic effects and public health impact with a particular focus on countries of Americas.
- Development, testing and dissemination of new approaches to Screening & Brief Interventions for alcohol & other substance use according to WHO's procedures, including web-based interventions.
- Education and training of health and other professionals on identification, management and prevention of substance use and substance use disorders in line with WHO guidelines and procedures.
- Mental health & neurosciences
- Substance abuse (including alcohol & drugs)
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Collection and collation of information
Ower: 6.4 - Evidence-based and ethical policies, strategies, recommendations, standards and guidelines developed, and technical support provided to Member States with a high or increasing burden of disease or death associated with alcohol, drugs and other psychoactive substance use, enabling them to strengthen institutions in order to combat or prevent the public health problems concerned.
POZNYAK Vladimir B.
+41 22 79 14307
GOLDNADEL MONTEIRO Maristela
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork