Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Nursing Research Development
Director / Head:
Dr Isabel A. COSTA MENDES
Isabel A. COSTA MENDES
College of Nursing at Ribeirão Preto
University of São Paulo
Avenida Bandeirantes, 3900
(55-16) 3602 3393
(55-16) 3602 0518
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Collaborate with PAHO/WHO in strengthening nursing research for the development of nursing human resources and nursing practice in priority areas.
- Collaborate with PAHO/WHO in strengthening and expanding dissemination of health information and knowledge with emphasis on nursing and health.
- Contribute with PAHO/WHO to strengthen nursing faculty development through research training and updating to improve scientific quality and improve nursing curriculum.
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Provision of reference substances and other services
Ower: 10.8 - Health-workforce information and knowledge base strengthened, and country capacities for policy analysis, planning, implementation, information-sharing and research built up.
Ower: 10.9 - Technical support provided to Member States, with a focus on those facing severe health-workforce difficulties in order to improve the production, distribution, skill mix and retention of the health workforce.
Ower: 10.10 - Evidence-based policy and technical support provided to Member States to improve health system financing in terms of the availability of funds, social and financial risk protection, equity, access to services and efficiency of resource use.
MENEZES DA SILVA Fernando Antonio
+1 (202) 9743296
NKOWANE Annette Mwansa
+41 22 791 4314
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork