Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre on Primary Health Care
Director / Head:
Professor Jan De Maeseneer
International Centre for Primary Health Care and Family Medicine, Department of Family Medicine and Primary Health Care
Campus UZ, 1 K3, De Pintelaan 185
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To support WHO in documenting systematically experiences from demonstration sites by doing a comparative study on what is meant by people centeredness in different contexts, and conducting research related to the four PHC policy directions that are reflected in the 2008 World Health Report as need arises.
- To support WHO in capacity building for PHC by organizing field visits (demonstration tours) on person centred care for staff and delegations from developing countries.
- Health systems research & development
- Human resources for health (excluding Nursing)
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Providing technical advise to WHO
WHO organization wide expected result:
10.1 - Management and organization of integrated, population-based health-service delivery through public and nonpublic providers and networks improved, reflecting the primary health care strategy, scaling up coverage, equity, quality and safety of personal and population-based health services, and enhancing health outcomes.
BOERMA Jan Ties
+41 22 79 11481
KLUGE Hans Henri P.
+45 45 33 67 44
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork