Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre on Primary Health Care
Director / Head:
Professor Jan De Maeseneer
International Centre for Primary Health Care and Family Medicine, Department of Family Medicine and Primary Health Care
Campus UZ, 6 K3, De Pintelaan 185
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To support WHO in documenting systematically experiences from demonstration sites by doing a comparative study on what is meant by people centeredness in different contexts, and conducting research related to the four PHC policy directions that are reflected in the 2008 World Health Report as need arises.
- To support WHO in capacity building for PHC in different ways e.g. by organizing field visits (demonstration tours) on person centred care for staff and delegations from developing countries.
- Health systems research & development
- Human resources for health (excluding Nursing)
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Providing technical advise to WHO
4.2.1 - Policy options, tools and technical support to countries for equitable people-centred integrated service delivery and strengthening of public health approaches
4.2.2 - Countries enabled to plan and implement strategies that are in line with WHO’s global strategy on human resources for health and the WHO Global Code of Practice on the International Recruitment of Health Personnel
MONTENEGRO VON MÜHLENBROCK Hernan Julio
+41 22 79 11465
KLUGE Hans Henri P.
+45 45 33 67 44
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork