Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research on Sexual and Reproductive Health
Director / Head:
Prof Dirk Van Braeckel
International Centre for Reproductive Health (ICRH), Faculty of Medicine
De Pintelaan 185, 3P3 B-9000
(32-9) 332 35 64
(32-9) 332 38 67
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. Operational research on prevention of HIV/AIDS in women and children.
- 2. Prevention and management of cervical cancer.
- 3. Prevention of female genital mutilation in African immigrant communities in Europe.
- 4. Research capacity building (Master of Public Health, PhD, National Courses on Reproductive Health).
- 5. Prevention and management of sexual and gender based violence
- Reproductive health (excluding HIV/AIDS)
Types of activity:
- Training and education
WHO organization wide expected result:
2.1 - Guidelines, policy, strategy and other tools developed for prevention of, and treatment and care for patients with, HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, including innovative approaches for increasing coverage of the interventions among poor people, and hard-to-reach and vulnerable populations.
8.2 - Technical support and guidance provided to Member States for the implementation of primary prevention interventions that reduce environmental hazards to health, enhance safety and promote public health, including in specific settings (e.g. workplaces, homes or urban settings) and among vulnerable population groups (e.g. children).
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork