Title of the centre:
Centre collaborateur de l'OMS pour le Contrôle de Qualité des Pesticides
Director / Head:
Dr. Olivier PIGEON
Département Agriculture et Milieu Naturel, Unité Physico-chimie et Résidus des Produits Phytopharmaceutiques et des Biocides
Centre wallon de Recherches agronomiques (CRA-W)
Carson Building, Rue du Bordia, 11
B - 5030
+32 81 62 52 62
+32 81 62 52 72
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Determination of chemical and physical-chemical properties of public health pesticides, in order to characterize the products for quality control according to the WHO specifications and recommended methods.
- Chemical analysis of insecticide treated nets (long-lasting insecticidal mosquito nets and conventionally treated nets), other insecticide treated substrates (e.g. filter papers, wall scrapings) and insecticide samples.
- Support for the development and editing of WHO specifications of pesticides, development of guidelines and training materials, and support for evaluations for public health pesticides and capacity building for other WHO collaborating laboratories.
- Vector biology & control
- Chemical safety
- Research policy & development
Types of activity:
- Development and application of appropriate technology
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
Ower: 1.5 - New knowledge, intervention tools and strategies that meet priority needs for the prevention and control of communicable diseases developed and validated, with scientists from developing countries increasingly taking the lead in this research.
Ower: 8.2 - Technical support and guidance provided to Member States for the implementation of primary prevention interventions that reduce environmental hazards to health, enhance safety and promote public health, including in specific settings (e.g. workplaces, homes or urban settings) and among vulnerable population groups (e.g. children).
+41 22 791 1868
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork