Title of the centre:
Centre collaborateur de l'OMS pour le Contrôle de Qualité des Pesticides
Director / Head:
Dr. Olivier PIGEON
Département Agriculture et Milieu Naturel, Unité Physico-chimie et Résidus des Produits Phytopharmaceutiques et des Biocides
Centre wallon de Recherches agronomiques (CRA-W)
Carson Building, Rue du Bordia, 11
B - 5030
+32 81 62 52 62
+32 81 62 52 72
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Determination of the chemical and physico-chemical properties of public health pesticides, in order to control the quality of products, according to the WHO specifications and recommended methods.
- Chemical analysis of mosquito nets treated with insecticides (long-lasting insecticidal mosquito nets and conventionnally treated nets) and other treated subtrates (e.g. filter papers, wall scrapings).
- Support for the development, setting-up and publication of WHO specifications and evaluations for public health pesticides.
- Vector biology & control
- Chemical safety
- Research policy & development
Types of activity:
- Development and application of appropriate technology
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
Ower: 1.5 - New knowledge, intervention tools and strategies that meet priority needs for the prevention and control of communicable diseases developed and validated, with scientists from developing countries increasingly taking the lead in this research.
Ower: 8.2 - Technical support and guidance provided to Member States for the implementation of primary prevention interventions that reduce environmental hazards to health, enhance safety and promote public health, including in specific settings (e.g. workplaces, homes or urban settings) and among vulnerable population groups (e.g. children).
+41 22 79 11868
EJOV Mikhail Nicolaevich
+45 45 33 66 61
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork