Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Drug Supply Management
Director / Head:
Barbados Drug Service, Ministry of Health
Jemmott's Lane Street
St Michael Parish
(246) 427 8719 / 427 8309
(246) 429 6980
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. Maintaining the delivery of quality pharmaceutical drugs in Barbados in a cost effective manner for both the public and private sectors.
- 2. Technical assistance to CARICOM countries: support to the development of Good Procurement Practices and tendering procedures as well as Pharmaceuticals assessment.
- 3. Support to the development of a Regional Generic Policy in coordination with PAHO/WHO and CARICOM Secretariat in a perspective of cost containment.
- 4. Monitoring & controlling the import, export & use of narcotic, psychotropic drugs and chemical precursors for Barbados and Eastern Caribbean countries.
- 5. Developing Drug Registration Process in Barbados and in coordination with CARICOM countries
- 6. Participation in regional & international conferences and meetings; support to the implementation of Pharmaceuitcal assessments and/or national surveys
- 7. Provision of drugs related information to health care professionals and the general public using the latest science-based unbiased information in collaboration with PAHO; dissemination of the Barbados National Drug Formulary to Caribbean countries.
- Pharmaceuticals (including essential drugs and medicines)
Types of activity:
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Collection and collation of information
- Development and application of appropriate technology
Ower: 11.2 - International norms, standards and guidelines for the quality, safety, efficacy and cost effective use of medical products and technologies developed and their national and/or regional implementation advocated and supported.
FORTE Gilles Bernard
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork