Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Educational Development
Director / Head:
Dr Khaldoon Al-Roomi
College of Medicine and Medical Sciences
Arabian Gulf University
P.O. Box 22979 -
(973) 1723 9702
(973) 1723 0730
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. To work with WHO to provide training in different aspects of health professions education.
- 2. To support WHO in training of health professions education teachers on evidence-based education and development of critical appraisal skills.
- 3. To facilitate WHO efforts to bring together different health professions education institutions in the EMR to cooperate in developing and using the best available evidence for accreditation.
- 4. To identify and direct educational research and systematic reviews to assess evidence on HPE and its effectiveness and influence on practice among other aspects of HPE.
- 5 To closely work with WHO in training of fellows - short term and long term training in Medical Education & Evidence Based Medicine.
- 6 To respond to educational consultation requests from WHO and EMR countries in the field of health professions education and evidence based education and practice.
- Health promotion & education
Types of activity:
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Training and education
WHO organization wide expected result:
10.8 - Health-workforce information and knowledge base strengthened, and country capacities for policy analysis, planning, implementation, information-sharing and research built up.
MAGZOUB Mohi ElDin
+41 22 79 14403
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork