Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Nursing Development
Director / Head:
Mrs. Fatima Jamali
College of Health Sciences, Ministry of Health
P.O. BOX 32038 – Kingdom of Bahrain
(+973) 17252612 / 17251360
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To improve nursing and midwifery educational programmes in line with global standards leading to the development of a more competent nursing and midwifery workforce for health care delivery.
- To scale up production of Nursing and Midwifery Teacher.
- To collaborate with WHO in conducting significant nursing & health research at a national & international level to improve standards of nursing & upgrade quality of service delivery.
- To promote sharing of information among nurses in Bahrain and other Member States related to nursing practice , education and Nursing Research.
Types of activity:
- Implementation of WHO programmes and activities at country level
Ower: 10.8 - Health-workforce information and knowledge base strengthened, and country capacities for policy analysis, planning, implementation, information-sharing and research built up.
+202 227 65304
NKOWANE Annette Mwansa
+41 22 791 4314
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork