Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Health Promotion in Hospitals & Health Care
Director / Head:
Professor Jürgen M. Pelikan
Ludwig Boltzmann Institute Health Promotion Research (LBIHPR)
Untere Donaustraße 47/3
+43-1-2121 493 21
+43-1-2121 493 50
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To plan, coordinate, evaluate and publish the scientific content of the annual international Health Promoting Hospitals Conference.
- To scientifically edit the Health Promoting Hospital Newsletter
- To maintain and further develop an online knowledge platform on health promotion in hospitals and healthcare
- To initiate, coordinate & participate in international research, model & pilot projects.
- To further develop the knowledge base for health promotion in health care by scientific publications
- To offer scientific advice & technical support by presentations, consultations and tools
- Health systems research & development
- Health promotion & education
- Patient safety
Types of activity:
- Organization of events (e.g. conferences; summits)
- Providing technical advise to WHO
WHO organization wide expected result:
10.1 - Management and organization of integrated, population-based health-service delivery through public and nonpublic providers and networks improved, reflecting the primary health care strategy, scaling up coverage, equity, quality and safety of personal and population-based health services, and enhancing health outcomes.
6.1 - Advice and support provided to Member States to build their capacity for health promotion across all relevant programmes, and to establish effective multisectoral and multidisciplinary collaborations for promoting health and preventing or reducing major risk factors.
+41 22 79 12569
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork