Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Health Promotion in Hospitals & Health Care
Director / Head:
Mr Georg Ziniel
Mr Peter Nowak
Ludwig Boltzmann Institute Health Promotion Research (LBIHPR)
c/o Institute for Public Health Austria, Stubenring 6; 1010 Vienna
+43 1 515 61-0
+43 1 513 84 72
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To plan, coordinate, evaluate and publish the scientific content of the annual international Health Promoting Hospitals Conference.
- To scientifically edit the Health Promoting Hospital Newsletter
- To initiate, coordinate and participate in international research, model & pilot projects.
- To offer advice and technical support by presentations, consultations and tools
- Health systems research & development
- Health promotion & education
- Patient safety
Types of activity:
- Organization of events (e.g. conferences; summits)
- Providing technical advise to WHO
Ower: 10.1 - Management and organization of integrated, population-based health-service delivery through public and nonpublic providers and networks improved, reflecting the primary health care strategy, scaling up coverage, equity, quality and safety of personal and population-based health services, and enhancing health outcomes.
KLUGE Hans Henri P.
+45 45 33 67 44
KELLEY Edward Talbott
+41 22 791 2472
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork