Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Center for Bioethics
Director / Head:
Dr. Michael Selgelid
Centre for Applied Philosophy and Public Ethics (CAPPE), Faculty of Arts, College of Arts and Social Sciences
Australian National University
CAPPE, LPO Box 8260
+61 (0)2 6125 8467
+61 (0)2 6125 6579
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- To collaborate in research projects in the field of biomedical and public health ethics.
- To assist WHO in developing materials for educational (or advocacy) purposes in biomedical and public health ethics.
- To collaborate with WHO and academic institutions, in particular in the Western Pacific Region, for training activities in bioethics/research ethics for both researchers and ethics review committee members.
- To participate in WHO consultations and the preparation and review of relevant documents on emerging issues in bioethics.
- Research policy & development
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Information dissemination
- Providing technical advise to WHO
WHO organization wide expected result:
10.6 - National health research for development of health systems strengthened in the context of regional and international research and engagement of civil society.
REIS Andreas Alois
+41 22 79 13932
+63 2 5289048
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork