Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Nursing, Midwifery and Health Development
Director / Head:
Professor Daly John
Ms Michele Rumsey
Faculty of Nursing, Midwifery & Health
University of Technology, Sydney (UTS)
PO Box 123, Broadway
61 2 9514 5045
(61 2) 9514 5049
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Improving health system outcomes by building capacity for innovative policy development and enhancement of quality of health care
- Strengthening cross-sectoral relationships to ensure supportive regulatory frameworks, research-based education, faculty development and quality of education to support improved service provision and population health outcomes.
- Promoting and supporting the national, regional and international development of nursing and midwifery health systems strengthening including, human resources for health.
- Strengthening maternal and child health care standards and services by increasing capacity of the maternal health workforce, including improved midwifery education and practice.
- Human resources for health (excluding Nursing)
Types of activity:
- Training and education
WHO organization wide expected result:
10.8 - Health-workforce information and knowledge base strengthened, and country capacities for policy analysis, planning, implementation, information-sharing and research built up.
10.9 - Technical support provided to Member States, with a focus on those facing severe health-workforce difficulties in order to improve the production, distribution, skill mix and retention of the health workforce.
8.4 - Guidance, tools and initiatives created in order to support the health sector in influencing policies in other sectors to allow policies that improve health, the environment and safety to be identified and adopted.
FRITSCH Kathleen Louise
+63 2 5289804
NKOWANE Annette Mwansa
+41 22 79 14314
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork