Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Capacity Building and Health Care Worker Training in HIV/AIDS Care, Treatment and Support
Director / Head:
Professor Julian GOLD
Ms Charmaine Turton
Albion Street Centre (ASC)
150 Albion Street
(61-2) 9332 9600
(61-2) 9332 4219
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To assist WHO in providing technical cooperation to WHO Member States that promotes and implements capacity building approaches in the health sector response to HIV care, treatment and support in line with WHO strategic directions.
- To assist WHO in offering clinical placement, fellowship and mentorship programmes for human resource development and ongoing capacity building of health care workers.
- To assist the WHO Western Pacific Regional Office as key facilitator for the WHO Network for HIV and Health in the Western Pacific Region and to assist WHO to establish an HIV Technical Reference Group from the membership of the Network and contribute to its functioning as required by WHO.
- To respond to requests by WHO to perform service reviews and design quality assurance activities, in collaboration with local agencies, for the optimum delivery of HIV care, treatment and support services.
- To assist WHO to develop and implement tools to enhance health care worker safety in clinical settings within the Region.
- To assist WHO to explore models for identified priority areas and populations to support the optimum delivery of HIV care, treatment and support; including models of preventative health care, models of health care for men and models for the provision of nutritional support.
Types of activity:
- Implementation of WHO programmes and activities at country level
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Training and education
WHO organization wide expected result:
2.2 - Policy and technical support provided to countries towards expanded gender-sensitive delivery of prevention, treatment and care interventions for HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, including integrated training and service delivery; wider service-provider networks; and strengthened laboratory capacities and better linkages with other health services, such as those for sexual and reproductive health, maternal, newborn and child health, sexually transmitted infections, nutrition, drug-dependence treatment service respiratory care, neglected diseases and environmental health.
LO Ying-Ru Jacqueline
+63 2 5289714
YOUSSEF FOX Mayada
+41 22 79 11483
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork