Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Environmental Health Impact Assessment
Director / Head:
Prof. Jeffery SPICKETT
Faculty of Health Sciences
G.P.O. Box U1987, WA
(61-08) 9266 7323
(61-08) 9266 2958
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To promote the integration of health impact assessments (HIAs) and related activities in the region through collaboration with the WHO (especially the Thematic Working Group on HIA), government, industry & the community.
- To develop strategies for the promotion and implementation of HIA in conjunction with relevant organisations in the Asia Pacific region, including the Thematic Working Groups of the Regional Forum on Health and the Environment, namely HIA, Air Quality and Water Hygiene and Sanitation.
- To collaborate on & develop research projects, consultancies and visiting WHO Fellowships relevant to HIA, including the planning, investigation, evaluation of data & dissemination of results.
- To develop and implement policies, plans and programs to enhance the application of HIA in the region.
- Environmental health and hazards other than those specifically mentioned
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Training and education
WHO organization wide expected result:
8.1 - Evidence-based assessments made, and norms and standards formulated and updated on major environmental hazards to health (e.g., poor air quality, chemical substances, electromagnetic fields, radon, poor-quality drinking-water and waste-water reuse)
HASSAN Mohd Nasir
+855 23 216610
DORA Carlos Francisco C.
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork