Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research, Training and Consultative Work on Mental Health
Director / Head:
Prof. Aleksandar JANCA
School of Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, Royal Perth Hospital at the Medical Research Foundation Building
University of Western Australia (UWA)
50 Murray Street, - 6000 WA
(61-8) 9224 0290
(61-8) 9224 0285
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To participate in collaborative epidemiological and other research on mental & neurological disorders developed under WHO’s leadership.
- To support WHO in the development & evaluation of assessment instruments & international standards.
- Together with WHO to provide consultation & exchange of information on mental health, & mental & neurological disorders.
- Mental health & neurosciences
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
Ower: 3.2 - Guidance and support provided to Member States for the development and implementation of policies, strategies and regulations in respect of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
Ower: 3.4 - Improved evidence compiled by WHO on the cost-effectiveness of interventions to tackle chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological and substance-use disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
+63 2 5289858
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork