Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research and Training in Mental Health
Director / Head:
Professor Helen HERRMAN
St Vincent's Institute of Mental Health Service (Melbourne)
St Vincent's Hospital
41 Victoria Parade
613 9288 2211
613 9288 4802
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To assist WHO with global and regional efforts contributing to the practice of promoting mental health and suicide prevention
- To conduct activities that support the development of policy, practice, research and workforce development in youth mental health, including participation of young people and families
- To conduct Mental Health leadership training for mental health system development, especially in developing countries.
- To organize clinical mental health training and community mental health service development programs across the Asia-Pacific region
- Mental health & neurosciences
Types of activity:
- Training and education
Ower: 10.4 - Country health-information systems that provide and use high-quality and timely information for health planning and for monitoring progress towards national and major international goals strengthened.
Ower: 10.9 - Technical support provided to Member States, with a focus on those facing severe health-workforce difficulties in order to improve the production, distribution, skill mix and retention of the health workforce.
Ower: 8.4 - Guidance, tools and initiatives created in order to support the health sector in influencing policies in other sectors to allow policies that improve health, the environment and safety to be identified and adopted.
+63 2 5289860
+41 22 791 3625
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork