Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for the Control of Lymphatic Filariasis, Soil-transmitted Helminths and other Neglected Tropical Diseases
Director / Head:
Dr Patricia Graves
School of Public Health, Tropical Medicine and Rehabilitation Sciences
James Cook University Australia
Macgregor Rd, PO Box 6811
61 7 4781 5959
61 7 4781 6045
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To provide training necessary for effective lymphatic filariasis (LF) elimination and morbidity management, soil-transmitted helminth (STH) control, and other neglected tropical disease (NTD) activities.
- To support epidemiological assessment of LF, STH, and other NTDs in the Asia-Pacific Region
- To aid in the design & the delivery of country-specific LF, STH and other NTD control strategies & programmes.
- To investigate effective ways to integrate control programs for NTDs.
- To support ongoing NTD operational research.
- Filarial infections
- Parasitic diseases other than those specifically mentioned
Types of activity:
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Training and education
Ower: 8.1 - Evidence-based assessments made, and norms and standards formulated and updated on major environmental hazards to health (e.g., poor air quality, chemical substances, electromagnetic fields, radon, poor-quality drinking-water and waste-water reuse)
Ower: 8.3 - Technical assistance and support provided to Member States for strengthening national occupational and environmental health risk management systems, functions and services.
Ower: 6.1 - Advice and support provided to Member States to build their capacity for health promotion across all relevant programmes, and to establish effective multisectoral and multidisciplinary collaborations for promoting health and preventing or reducing major risk factors.
+41 22 791 1423
ABEYASINGHE Rabindra Romauld
+63 2 5289725
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork