Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Environmental Health
Director / Head:
Associate Professor Brent Powis
Centre of Environmental Health Development
University of Western Sydney
University of Western Sydney, Building L8, Hawkesbury Campus Locked Bag 1797
New South Wales
(61-2) 4570 1479
(61-2) 4570 1660
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- To develop & transfer environmental health technology, curriculum & knowledge from the University of Western Sydney-Hawkesbury to the Western Pacific Region.
- To develop distance learning materials & strategies in environmental & occupational health for application to the Western Pacific Region.
- To develop strategies to integrate environmental & health considerations into tourism policy, planning & practice.
- To develop integrative models of healthy settings, particularly in workplaces & in rural & urban environments.
- To transfer knowledge of sustainable water management & food safety practices for health & development in the Asia/Pacific Region.
- To transfer strategic management theory & practice of development of national & local environmental health plans of action in selected WHO member countries.
- Environmental health and hazards other than those specifically mentioned
Types of activity:
- Collection; collation and dissemination of information
WHO organization wide expected result:
HASSAN Mohd Nasir
+855 23 216610
NEIRA Maria Purificacion
+41 22 79 15526
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork