Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Arbovirus Reference and Research
Director / Head:
A/Prof John Aaskov
School of Life Sciences
Queensland University of Technology
60 Musk Avenue
(61-7) 3138 6193
(61-7) 3138 6030
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To conduct research and provide technical advice related to arbovirus diseases.
- To provide a tertiary referral service for laboratories diagnosing arboviral diseases.
- To provide advice & assistance in the event of outbreaks of arbovirus infection.
- To provide reference stocks of virus & antisera to other national & international laboratories.
- To train arbovirologists.
- Viral diseases other than those specifically mentioned
Types of activity:
- Training and education
WHO organization wide expected result:
1.3 - Effective coordination and support provided to Member States in order to provide access for all populations to interventions for the prevention, control, elimination and eradication of neglected tropical diseases, including zoonotic diseases.
11.1 - Formulation and monitoring of comprehensive national policies on access, quality and use of essential medical products and technologies advocated and supported.
+63 2 5289723
ROTH Cathy Ellen
+41 22 79 13896
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork