Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research and Training in Cardiovascular Diseases
Director / Head:
Professor Garry JENNINGS
Alfred and Baker Medical Unit (BMU)
Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute
PO Box 6492, St.Kilda Road Central
(61-3) 8532 1160
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- 1. To carry out research & training in the field of cardiovascular diseases with special reference to the primary prevention & control of hypertension & atherosclerosis.
- 2. To collect, evaluate & disseminate information on cardiovascular disease research.
- 3. To advise WHO & provide information to other collaborating centres in the field of primary prevention & treatment of hypertension & atherosclerosis.
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Health systems research & development
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Providing technical advise to WHO
Ower: 3.6 - Guidance and support provided to Member States to improve the ability of their health and social systems to prevent and manage chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and behavioural disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
VARGHESE Cherian V.
MENDIS Shanthi P.B.
+41 22 79 13441
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork